Monday, December 26, 2011

'Twas the Day Before Christmas . . . December 24th, 2011

'Twas the day before Christmas
and out on the lake
the birds were all resting
soon in flight they would take . . .

And Daddy in the front seat
and I in the back
had just kayaked out
for the "Santa Watch" route . . .
It's a GLORIOUS day out on the water with Daddy.
We're here for "Santa Watch 2011".
This is WAY better than looking for the Great Pumpkin.

We kayaked out from Windsor Boat Ramp
and are peddling north past the house.

Hey - it's daylight here -
Santa's somewhere on the OTHER side of the globe right now.
And I don't see any reindeer . . .

So I'm looking for fishies . . .


The water on the lake is a little lower than normal,
so the gulls are resting on a little sand bar . . .

That is until we peddled by them.

I don't think the birds are too happy with me right now.
Daddy, I just wanted to play and make friends!
Why did they all fly away?

It's time to get serious and start looking for any evidence that Santa's on his way.

Nope.  Don't see him on this side of the kayak.

Not here either . . .
Where do fish hang their Christmas stockings?
I wonder if Santa has a submarine to visit people that live on lakes and oceans.

This may take awhile. I think I'll just settle down for a long winter's nap.

I wish all a Happy Hanukkah and a Merry Christmas.





.


1 comment:

  1. When I noticed there was a letter from you Joey, I was sooooo excited! You really get around. Can you swim, because you weren't wearing floaties? Did you see Santa? I watched the movie Elf last night and Buddy saw Santa in the sky. Maybe you should have looked up instead. I don't know, maybe.
    What kind of treats do you like? I like ones from the health food store that cost a lot of coins, but Mommy buys them for me. They are in a pink box and are teeny tiny little bones that tastes like peanut butter. I LOVE ice cream, but I can only have a little because I'm little. The vet says I should stay 7 lbs and not lose my girlish figure.
    The End
    Love Giselle

    ReplyDelete