Saturday, October 22, 2011

Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta - Departure - October 9th

I awoke this morning thinking I'd just have some of the organic doggy treats (Mom makes me eat) for breakfast and then leave for home.

Much to my surprise - I was able to watch the morning ascension of  the balloons from the back balcony of the hotel.

Fur-babies are not allowed on the balloon fields for many reasons - safety being the biggest issue. Up until now, I've just been able to look at the photos and take everyone's word for it.

So today was the first day I was able to see any of the balloons.  I didn't know what was happening.  It almost looked like an invasion.  Just let me say, "WOW!!!!"

Rising to the top.

While watching the morning ascension on TV, we saw the Stagecoach lift off for the first time this weekend.  Winds (or lack thereof) were very favorable.

"Look! Up in the sky!  It's a bird. It's a plane! . . ."

No!  It's an invasion of hot air balloons.
This is just freakin' amazing.

Next thing we know - a balloon lifts up over the ridge coming right at us.

The Wells Fargo balloon saw the light.

And if seeing the balloons wasn't enough, I got to meet a real, live pig.

This is Esmeralda (Spanish for "emerald").
She doesn't look green, so she must be a precious gem.

Auntie Debra has just spoiled me so much this entire trip.
I can really get used to this.

To top off the weekend's events, we stopped at Picazzo's in Flagstaff, AZ for dinner.
They had a dish just for me - "Joey's Portobello Bolognese."  Yum!

Daddy & I are putting the finishing touches on all the photos to share on the blog.


I hope you've enjoyed my adventures to the
Albuquerque 40th Annual Balloon Fiesta.

Don't forget! 

2nd Annual Havasu Island Balloon Festival & Fair
January 19 - 22, 2012


http://www.havasuballoonfest.com/



.

No comments:

Post a Comment