Saturday, April 14, 2012

Happy (Adoption) Birthday - April 14th, 2012

Happy Birthday to Joey!

Today is my "Adoption" Birthday!

One year ago, I took a leap of faith and jumped into a Jeep Cherokee to travel from Desert Dogs Rescue, Tonopah, AZ
to a new home in Lake Havasu City, AZ.
 I had never met these people.  And I had no idea that the four hour car ride I took that day was a short drive compared to the miles I would log within the next year.

I just had faith that this would be my Forever Home.

Then this morning, a year later, I awoke to a magnificent celebration.
I heard the rattling of gift wrap paper!
Oh, I know that sound. What is it? What is it?

There's gotta be a pony in there somewhere!

Look!  I found a prize.  This is better than Cracker Jacks!

It's so squishy and yummy.

It's a ham sandwich!  I played so hard with my new toy that I need a nap!

It has been an awesome day.  Daddy made a delicious omelet for me.
Mommy & I played with my new toy.
I took a walk around the neighborhood.
And the best of the best . . .

I got control of the TV remote for the evening!

Now, that's what I'm talking about.


And although I don't know my true age,
my life began anew April 14, 2011.

I do not take what I have for granted.  I accept my blessings graciously and pray that other fur-babies soon find their Forever Homes.





.

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe it has already been a year. He makes a nice edition to the Meyers clan. Glad to see how much joy he has brought to you two. He is a lucky dog to have you two and you two him.

    Happy Birthday Joey

    ReplyDelete