Saturday, June 4, 2011

Fiestas De San Felipe - June 4th

After settling down last night, I slept and I slept and I slept. What a great night's sleep that was. Being chauffeured all day is tiring business.


Since I don't have opposable thumbs, I'm dictating what I want Mommy to type for the blog. Baby's helping, too.

Today, we ventured to Old Town Albuquerque for the Fiestas De San Felipe at the San Felipe de Neri Parish.


The word for today is "WOW"!!!!!!!
The Fiesta was an absolute blast.
I met new friends, listened to bands, went shopping, had lunch.
It was an action-packed day.
Here are some of the photos.
Here we are at the beginning of Old Town. We're ready to go.
At the park, there were lots of people, fur-babies . . . bands playing . . . 2-legged kids playing . . . people eating . . . just having fun.
And me . . . I'm making friends.

We found a coffee shop for Aunt Koena Tapscott.
I can "bear-ly" believe Daddy got me to sit still for this photo.
I had a difficult time trying to figure out how to get this chew toy back to the van.
So, I decided to keep playing at the festival.
There were lots of booths at the festival with lots of toys.
Rumor has it, Daddy is really good with darts. I thought he should try throwing the dart blindfolded.
"Win me a toy, Daddy! Win me a toy!"

Wondering if Daddy won me a toy? Of course he did.  Every street we walked was another street with all sorts of stores.
We stopped by the Church Street Cafe for lunch. There was a beautiful garden in the back that was shaded and had a cooling breeze blowing through.
Daddy & I are HUNGRY!!!!  We had chicken tacos, chips, & 3 different types of salsa.
Siesta time!!!!

Uncle Ralph & Aunt Koena Tapscott used to live in Albuquerque. 
They BOTH said we had to find The Candy Lady.
I'm under the age of 18, so they wouldn't let me in the store. Mommy & Daddy took turns shopping.

By this time, I'm getting REALLY tired. We're heading back to the park. It's really an interesting historical site.
I'm not tall enough to drink from the water fountain like this guy. Slurp!

I had such a GREAT time today!!!!
Sometimes Daddy & Mommy just don't get it.  So in one of the stores, I found this pillow. 
I think this will help to straighten them out, don't you?
Back in the room, Daddy & I were planning on playing with Nemo, the new toy he won throwing darts.
But I'm just so very, very tired.

Nemo & I are just going to take a little nap while Daddy & Mommy go see the new X-Men First Class movie.

We leave for Oklahoma tomorrow morning, so Daddy fed KYOTEE tonight.
Look - only $3.54 per gallon.



No comments:

Post a Comment