Monday, July 11, 2011

So THIS is Dillon, CO - July 4th - 10th


Driving into Dillon, CO, I sat up and took notice.  Daddy & Mommy have been talking about this place for a while.  And I have to agree - it is very beautiful and a lot of fun. 

We arrived on July 4th and Dillon celebrated my arrival with fireworks out across the lake.



Dillon hosts many summer concerts at its amphitheater.  A little rain kept attendance low.  Daddy & Mommy have seen it packed with barely room to walk.


Each day, Daddy & I took early morning walks. We also had lunch at the Tiki Bar by the marina, and played by the water. 

Early morning sun.



Mommy kept me well hydrated on all of our walks.  Doesn't matter where we were - there was a cup of water!





We ate at Kula's Cafe for breakfast and lunch. The owners were really nice to me and they made delicious gluten-free food for Mommy.  I'm now on their Wall of Fame!


This is Kula Cafe owner, Mark Lipman.


Dillon is very "fur-child" friendly, and I met a lot of friends.






And after watching a Labrador play in the water, I was inspired to do the same.



The favorite boat in Dillon seems to be the sailboat. The boats have their own unique names.





And each Friday, Dillon has a Farmer's Market. It's much more than fresh, organic fruits & vegetables. The Market has creative artisans, tasty foods, activities for 2-legged children and more.




And I thought I was kept on a short leash!

All the flowers were blooming - helping to provide a brilliant contrast to the snow-capped mountains.



The weather here always seems to be changing.





We spent one afternoon in Breckenridge, CO. It is the largest town in the area and the site of many ski slopes.








Mommy found the Spice Merchants in Breckenridge. This is owned by Kim & Jalene who used to own the Havasu Spice Merchants by the London Bridge.



Frisco is a town across the lake from Dillon.  It has similar shops to Breckenridge, but is more quaint. We found a great place for lunch.



Mounted in Frisco (Cousin Jessica will understand this.)

Time for a little nap.

After the trip to Frisco, I decided to stay in for the evening. Daddy & Mommy went to a restaurant called "Pub Ryan's" - that also has its own microbrews.

Looks like Daddy had a toothpick for dessert.



Our time in Dillon, CO is over. But I now know why Mommy & Daddy enjoy it so much.  Next time we will have the kayaks and bicycles with us.  Our greatest challenge was no internet access at the condo (and Mommy still doesn't have a phone that works). I'm hoping that we get to come back to Dillon next summer and stay much longer.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Joey (and of course, Human Companion of Joey),
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Dillon to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you, and Happy Holidays!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete